Thursday, March 8, 2007

Gal. 2 scripture

Erica and I are doing a Bible study together reading Galatians. This is just a thought I had about being a light to the world. Maybe I'm way off with it... you can decide.

Gal 2:14 b says
If thou, being a Jew,livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Sounds like "be ye in the world, but not of it." It's true, if we look, act, talk, dress, like the world and have their same problems why would they want to be like us? How am I a witness for Christ if people look at me an see someone just like them. Why would they want to be like me? How can my light shine? How could we tell people that it's better to be God's child, if we are not?Or at least don't look like one?

Lydia

P.S. Shortest post to date I think!

8 comments:

Kourtney Ann said...

Lydia
I agree!!!:D
You really hit the mark with that one!! You are an inspiration!
You make me want to go shine for the world. To let them see how great it is to be a child of God!!

Erica said...

Yep. I think you've got it. Oh great, I have been so busy today. And I can't e-mail on Sunday. I'll e-mail about Gal. 3 on Monday! (Sorry I am being so tardy with this...)

Very interesting, Lyd.

Erica

Katie said...

Hi dear, don't get discouraged! Keep posting!!!

Kourtney Ann said...

Lydia
I really like your blog!
You write really great post!
Maybe if you reply to other peoples comments they would comment more. This is just a suggestion please don't take it wrong.
I really don't want to offend you! I'm just trying to help.

Oh ya! I don't know if Erica told you. I never got my letter:D

Kourtney

Kourtney Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kourtney Ann said...

Oh! I love your quote up top!(I never notest it before)

Hope to here from you soon!:D

~Kourtney

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments Kourt! I will post soon, I'm sorry I haven't, been busy, but I will on the marrow!
Lydia
P.S. I sent the letter today!!

Kourtney Ann said...

Thanks Lydia!
I wasn't saying that you should post more. No indeed. I would be the last one to tell you that. I was just suggesting that you reply to peoples comments. Like you did mine. You may have understood that, and we mite just be having a communication gap. I don't know. Sometimes I just don't get it.You can ask Erica, she'll tell you about our gaps.(mostly on my side) You mite think this is long and blaby. And I mite not be making any since. If so, I'm sorry. It's kinda hard to understand someone that you don't really know.

Have a great day!:D
Kourtney

P.S. If you want we could start e-mailing each other.(Erica has my address) That's just if YOU want. We don't have to.

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates