Friday, August 24, 2007

Howdy!

Just thought I'd let you all know. I am going to really update one of these days... really. Right now I'm at my grand parents house. Today we went to my cousins first cheering at a Jr. Varsity Football game. We left at halftime just as it started to POUR! Those poor kids... Before that Grandpa took me to the driving range, to hit my first golf balls. Yes, I ACTUALLY did HIT most of them, not just empty swings, and one made it 80 or 90 yards. I think we're going tomorrow too. Maybe I'll get a picture.

I'm also up here to figure out what style hope chest I want. (Whenever one of us granddaughters graduates G&G gives us a hope chest.) We were looking for ideas online at this website http://www.trunk.com/ there was one for $5,550! Goodness, don't you think that's a little much?? They have lots of cool antique trunks, check it out.

$5,550. I still can't get over it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never had an actual "hope chest" - it was more like a big cardboard box and Hefty garbage bag filled with various kitchen items that belonged to my grandma. Regardless, it was fun to imagine how I'd use those things in my own kitchen one day.

I agree, $5500 is a bit steep for a TRUNK. I'm sure you'll find one that is just right (price-wise, too!)

Katie said...

$5500!!! I am so thankful that Grandpa makes ours!!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I was just back on the website and found one for $8,000. Grandpa and I have decided we can make one for at least a couple less thousand:-)

The trunks on this website are antiques, so that adds value. Especially when they're a rare design.

Lyds

Deborah said...

A design for 8,000? Homemade would be much better. the memories that go along with it and all. I wouldn't pay that much if it had been recovered from the Titanic, built from every tree on earth, signed by famous people, and having pearls in it.

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates