Monday, August 13, 2007

And the Winner is...

"Guess the nummber of jellybeans in the jar and you could win a trip to....Hawaii!"

261...262...263...264...265...266...267...268...269...270...271...


Okay, so it wasn't Hawaii, or jellybeans for that matter, but I did try to guess the number of candies in the jar at the book fair at our library.

Children's Librarian:" So you going to try?"

Me:" Yeah, I might as well, I've never won anything before in my life. You can always try! What have people been guessing at?"

C.L.:"I've heard a lot of sixties, I don't even know what's in there, I just dumped them in."

Me:*Counts for a moment* "Looks like more than that to me, I'll try...78."



Fast-forward to lunch today. Phone rings. I answer.



Me:"Hello?" (with my best british accent:-)


Library:" Hi Lydia? This is the Public Library, I just wanted to let you know you won our guess the number of candies in the jar game at the book fair!"


Me: *Faint*


Okay, so I didn't faint, but I laughed pretty hard and was sort-of dazed for a sec. it's not that big of a deal, but when you've never won anything your entire life, it's pretty fun. Actually I didn't guess it on the number, but I was the closest without going over.

I thought it was fun:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lydia! That's fun.

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Thanks Kristi! I think it's fun too!

Erica said...

What did you win?

Rebecca said...

DO you get to keep the candy?

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

No I didn't get the candy. The boys would have appreitated that more that the cookbook I picked out as my prize.

"100 of the best chicken recipes" is what I got Erica.

Lydia

Anonymous said...

I won something for the first time in my life too! Strangley enough also at a library. Mine was easier though. read a 200 pages get to put a slip into a box to be drawn for. It's even easier if you but them on the top. :)

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates