Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quote of the day:D

Erica will like this one from Thomas Edison:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

In other words :
FARM!

Now that's funny thing for me to say because, as you you might know, I've always been adamant about NEVER being a farmer's wife. I like most things Edison said, but this time he's a little off. Opportunity can be found in other things... but I do think agriculture is a very admirable profession-for other people:D

I do like overalls, I had a black velvet pair when I was younger that I really liked. "If I had any money to spare I'd build (buy) one myself!"~Robert Farris S.&S.

Cheerio,
Lydia

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

HA! I can't even imagine you in a pair of overalls.... covered in dirt. :-) I think you'd look sweet though...
Rebecca

Erica said...

:o Not want to marry a farmer?!?! You know, I don't think I ever realized that in its totality with you before...wow. Nuts. My dream husband's occupation? Yeah, you guessed it. I'm always gonna be a farm girl. You city people!! Although I'm with Rebecca, I'm not sure you are the pefect person to be a farmer's wife. But I am, so we'll both just stick to our own wishes. :)

Yay for Thomas Edison! :D

Erica

Katie said...

no, Lydia's not a farm person, me on the other hand, yes, probably, I've always wanted to live in the country and raise chickens and such. Good use of quotes sweetheart!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Have you always wanted to muck out stalls and herd stubborn cows, too, Katie?!
My dream husband's occupation....poet or doctor!
Thomas Edison: "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration!"
~Nack

Anonymous said...

oohh..Farming is the GREATEST! Actually a pilot wouldn't be bad at all, but so far I'll stick with farming :D Is it my choice?
I'm having problems seeing you covered in dirt Lydia. :)
-Merry

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates