Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So...

I haven't been blogging much in the last 3 weeks... not since I turned 18. Not that I think I'm too old for it now or anything, don't worry. Some of my non-blogging has been due to play practice and performance taking up most of my creative energies. Some because I haven't had much to blog about since the play ended. Mostly it's probably because I have a facebook now so when I want to spout about something I put it on my facebook. But I still miss blogging, I miss getting the brilliant post ideas, the hammering out of the words, the anxious wait for comments, I really just adore it. The writer in me loves the words and the and the freedom to express myself, and the sister in my loves the opportunity to express an entire thought without being interrupted. :-)

I have anything of terrible interest to tell you about but here's an update of my life:

What's happened this week:
After a long search (I've been keeping an eye open since fall)I finally bought a dress for Banquet yesterday. It was agonizing because I found a dress I LOVED but well... I'm too practical to spend $200 on a dress I'd wear once :-( I found another one that I liked a lot but there was one problem: I had vowed to not wear pink, it seemed too typical for me. Guess what color this dress was? Pink guess which dress I bought? You guessed it, the pink one. It's princessy and poufy and all around fun. I'll post pictures after banquet on May 8th.

What happened today (or more appropriate, what failed to happen):
Geometry. Why can I not understand axioms and postulates???? ARRRGHHH! *pulls hair out* I also looked at maybe taking some classes next year at a local tech school. School never ends does it??


What's up for me in the coming weeks:
Next week Joe and I will be in Cincinnati, Ohio for NCFCA Region 6 Regionals competition. If you didn't see our duo before here's the video of it (this was taken a couple of months ago, we're much better now.)

What I've been Reading:
Now that I've actually had time to read I've devoured 2 books for history and 4 for pleasure in the past 2 weeks. For School I read: Journey to Topaz, which was an interesting story about a Japaneses family during WWII it amazed me how honorably they stood up to such
injustice: being imprisoned when innocent of any wrong doing. I'm also reading about the Vietnam War which is very interesting and very sad. For fun I read the first book in the Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events I have a feeling I'm going to become as addicted to them as Becca is. I just finished The Highwayman's Footsteps which was an interesting spin of the poem The Highway Man by Alfred Noyes well written, good story, clean, my only problem was the author's addiction to ending chapters with cliff hangers and foreshadowing. It's wouldn't be so bad except that every single chapter ends that way and there are 60 chapters, usually about 2 pages long. Drove me nuts.


What I've been Learning:
I learned that sometimes God answers right away, even before you had know that you asked. Sometimes when you ask for something and are very specific and lay out your entire little plan for God he smiles and nods and then says politely "No, I know better than you do." Sometimes you wish for something and then you forget about. Of course low and behold months later you get it you wanted and complain to God because of course it's NOT what you thought it was. Then God reminds you in his own ironic way. *sighs* Be careful what you pray for...


What I've Been Thinking About:
How odd being 18 is. I was going to blog about it the other day and Joe said: "You're blogging about that AGAIN??" Have I been obsessing over it? I just thought that this is a pivotal point in my life and I thought my dear blog readers might like to share it with me. I have been 18 for over 3 weeks now. A jam packed 23 days of new experiences, new feelings, new knowledge and a better understanding of God. I guess I've just realized that I can't stop time. The play is over and as far as I know I will never act on the stage again, this is something I just have to hand to God. I do have to Graduate on May 16th and I do have to move on after that and agree with the noble (ha!!) lyrics of High School Musical 3 "High School won't last forever". I have a life waiting for me planed out by God. I need to move into it. I might put my heels down but I'll move slowly and surely.


Fact:
This post is too long.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yes, you're obsessing over it.

I know what you should do this summer!! At least think about it...

Can't wait to see the dress!

No worries, I struggled with Geometry too...it's tough. Algebra is way better. =)

Have a great time in Cincinatti and be sure to text me!

ElizabethK. said...

The post wasn't too long... especially since you broke it up so nicely.

It was nice to hear from you... I've been meaning to blog, but I can't legally with all the things I have to do before Cincinnati. See you soon! :D

I can't wait to see the dress, either!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates