Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Day I Almost Died

Wait, I am alive, right?

*checks pulse*

Okay, I'm good.

Anyway...

I almost died the day I had to face this.

Scary huh?

To borrow from Fanny Squeers's quotableness "My heart does SO Palpitate!" Only mine was more of the hammer-again-a-steel-wall-I-can't-hear-anything-over-the-noise type of palpitate rather that the pitter-patter of a love sick heart. Personally I would have preferred the latter...

It was a bad morning, (bad being the mildest term I could use here) Try attempting to control your emotions so you don't burst into tears in a so-silent-you-could-hear-a-pin-drop room of 30 kids who look madly smart and confident. During this time also try to imagine being aware that you're whiter than a sheet and struggling how to do simple things like spelling "concentration" (it's a c, right???) and figuring out what on earth what 6 divided by 2 is. (3?? 2?? 12???). Then you'll know how I felt, sort of.

Like I said, it's was bad morning. I left the test building accompanied by a tsunami size wave of despair a headache the size on Montana. I was angered by the injustice of it, just because I'm not a very apt tester (I do NOT work well under pressure) I was going to get the most embarrassing score of my life and I'd have to take the test again this fall. I was just thrilled. (The former sentence is just dripping with sarcasm.)

I got my test scores on Saturday.

I stared hard at the envelope that I was sure held my doom, I wasn't even sure I wanted to open it.

But I did, because among all my faults the greatest is a maddening inclination towards curiosity. It killed the cat, and I was sure it would kill me too.

*reads score*

*re-checks pulse*

*pinches self*

*re-reads the name at the top of the results*

*re-re-reads MY name at the top of the results*

*blinks eyes*

*screams*

*jumps up and down*



This proves that there is a God in Heaven.

This proves miracles to happen.

(FYI the ACT is scored 1-36, 21 is the national average.)

8 comments:

Lill said...

Congratulations, smartie!! :P

So glad you didn't die....

Abutton said...

Yay, Lyds!!

Abigail said...

Good for you Lydia!

Elizabeth said...

WOW! Congratulations! I knew you'd do well! ;)

Julia said...

Woohoooooo! Way to go!

Julia

Gabby Waddick said...

Congrats!!!!

Kristi said...

Congrats, Lydia!

Erica said...

You did great! I'm so glad we got to do it "together"...as close together as Wisconsin and Nebraska are I guess. But hey, same day and time! So happy for you. =)

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates