Saturday, April 3, 2010

Outfit Six: "...And Something Blue"




I firmly believe that one of the key elements of frugality and practicality is knowing not how much to spend but WHAT to spend. I admit, I'm prone to buying something just because it's cheap, or because it's fits me. NOT because it's something I need, or even like.

Two weeks ago, my best friend and went shopping in the closest big city (a rarity for me!) We went to a huge (and I mean HUGE) consignment shop just for fun. (Fun here means: We tried on $80 dresses and took pictures, then we put them back!)

While I was aimlessly wandering through some $20 dollar items I saw lots of cute dress, some skinny jeans that would never, ever fit me. And... this skirt:





I loved it instantly, and guess what? It fit!

Now I had to decide if it was worth the $20. I knew that I would wear this skirt all the time. Nice enough for church with the right top, and fine for work or just having fun. The type of skirt I could wear once a week no problem, which is much better than buying 8 or so cheap jean skirts for 4 or 5 dollars that you only sort of like.



Considering that I have always wanted a practical trench coat (It's so African safari-ish) and that it was in perfect condition and only $10 made it completely worth it!

And finding a blouse that goes with the outfit just makes my second hand shopping day about perfect :-)

Merona Coat: Consignment Shop
Talbots Jean Skirt: Ditto
Blouse: Ditto
George Yellow Sweater: Thrifted

I had lots of fun putting these outfits together this week! I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!

(To my regular blog readers : sorry to post these pictures twice!)

2 comments:

Bets said...

You have such hilarious and adorable facial expressions. :D Love the outfit, and wholeheartedly agree that a good solid wardrobe standard is worth a little extra $... especially when even then it's cheaper than brand new! I love trying on stuff just for fun with my friends too. :)

Anna said...

That jacket is just so cute and versatile, I could use one of those!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates