Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Officially have the Awesomest Grandparents EVER.

Really.

In September 2007 my Grandpa said he wanted to get started on my hope chest. (My Grandpa makes hope chests as Graduation presents for all of his granddaughters) I did some brainstorming and googleing and decided I wanted trunk-ish chest that looked like it was a hundred years old.

Two and a half years later:



And it's just what I wanted! I love it!

The side, aren't the handles totally vintage?!


The lid open.



The lid closed.




The front


My Grandpa made the whole thing, by hand, just to suit the whim of his fanciful granddaughter.

I lovely him much-o.




... and me, goofing around with my webcam.



5 comments:

Nicky Story said...

You are too cute! and I love the chest.. to bad that doesn't extend to pretend granddaughters!!! :)

The Von Eight said...

I love it- it's so cute! I totally want one for myself :)

Hanna

Miss Deb said...

I was supposed to get my hopechest at 16---I think i was about 24 when I got it, LOL. Dad just didn't have time for years and years.

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty! Love it:D

Mia said...

Wow! It does look very vintage :)
Congrats!!!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates