Friday, April 20, 2007

A Few Random Pictures

Sarah Beth Update:
She said my name!! The other day mom told me to go do something so I left the room. Mom says after I left Sarah started saying "Idie? Idie?" and putting her hands out in the "where" sign. I'm so blessed!!



Yesterday Mom asked me to take care of S.B. while she got some work done so "we" practiced "my" piano lesson. She looks so studious in this picture. Like she's really playing something. She's stood by herself a few times now, soon she's be walking. *Sniff* my little girl's growing up!





Pink Panther!

Here's the promised Pink Panther cast picture. We didn't take one so I took a picture of the one that's on my autograph sheet. That's me in the pink cardigan in the bottom right-hand corner. Notice the two guys in turbans? Those were my special project because I brought them. They really liked falling off, so I was always fixing them.




Hats!!


My friend Lillie and I decorated some hats last week as her birthday present to me. We had lots of fun making them as extravagant as possible.


There's a close up of mine. Lillie and I both had a fake dove somewhere on the hat, we named them Gwendolen and Lucy. After we finished our hats we dressed up to match our hats and had a photo shoot. Then Lillie and her mom surprised me by saying they were taking me to a tea room, in costume! The people at the tea room thought we were so funny, a bunch of them started taking pictures of us and asking us if we were part of some historical club! After tea we walked down the main street of the town, (it's a long way from where Lillie and I live)Everybody stared at us and waved. It was pretty funny. The flowery box thingy in the background is called a hat box, Lillie's mom bought it for me at an antique store in the town.


I had LOTS of fun.

13 comments:

Lil red said...

Wow Lydia! Your costume, hat and hair style is all together AMAZING! Did you make your dress? I think it would be so much fun to go to a tea room all dressed up.
Sarah Beth is so cute! Annie

Anonymous said...

You forgot to tell your rules Lyds! You said #1 was "If you decided to walk down main street in dress clothes, walk down the main street of a town far from where you live!"
Can't remember the rest...
~Nack

Rebecca said...

oh boy!! that's a big post! Ok, Sarah B. is wonderful!!!
I love your costume. And Lil's. I don't know, though...I think you two should wear those costumes and walk down Main St. here in town.

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I didn't really forget my rules Debs. I just couldn't remember them right then. I think the other one was. "Don't tell anyone what your really name is, or where you're from." Which I didn't relly follow because the owner of the tea room wanted to put a picture in the paper you know, and come to think of it, I signed their guest book too. Lil' and I thought about pertendeing we WERE from Anne time by staring at everything and pertending we'd never seen cars before. We espesially wanted to do that when people stared at us and then started laughing... You'd think that girl's didn't dress up anymore! (Well I guess it's the hobby of most 16 year olds...)

You know Bec, if we did do it here I don't know if anyone would reconize us. We did look pretty groen-up in those long skirits and clip-on errings.

Interesting idea.

Lyd-Bee

Erica said...

Fun! I didn't realize Lilly was that much taller than you... :P I guess I've only seen her once. You'll catch me, Lyds (haha--yeah right); I'm the shortest one in my family!

I keep checking my e-mail, but nothing having to do with Phil. 1 is showing up...??

Lou

Anonymous said...

Wow!Sarah B. looks like she's actually playing the piano. It's not fair you have such cute little siblings! :)

I adore your hat!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lydia, an other reason not to tell anybody your real name, they'd probaly think you were two lunitics escaped from the looney bin, whh hid out in an antique store and stole that stuff right under the owner's nose! :) Probaly say it was some old nice lady who was blind. I hope nobody all in white comes nocking on your door asking for you. Mabye the tearoom owner just said they were going to put your pictures in the newspaper, and instead turned them over to the police. THen off course someone who visits DQ a lot will reconize you and think,"I've been being served by a lunitic!...With fake pigeons in her hat! Horrifing!" ( huge grin spreads on my face as I reread this picturing Lydia in all white saying,"But I'm not crazy!" and the attendant saying saying,"Yea, thats what they all say, lady.") :)
Deborah

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Deborah... I have to say, you are one of the most interesting people I know!!

Erica: I know I haven't written, I'm such a bad friend, I have been busy... Don't give up on me yet!! I WILL get to it... someday. Oh yes, I was going to tell you that I bought a new journal for us!

All:I'm sorry the post was so random, I should have made them into seperate posts.

My Apoligies!!!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Oh I forgot, Debbie made my dress Annie, it's her's. She made it to play Phil Gordan in last year's play, Anne of Avonlea. Have you ever read those books?

Lydia

Lil red said...

Lydia,
Yes, I've read all of the "Anne of Green Gables" books.

Anonymous said...

Wow Meg! Your hat is amazing. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. :D I can't believe you're sixteen...(you did turn 16 this year right?? My mind seems to have shut off this morning...) are you going to get your drivers liscense soon?
I like the Philippa Gorden dress a lot. I had fun wearing it. Maybe we should do Anne next time the WDS gets together...

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was so much fun! The hats and dresses are terrific! And don't worry, I was doing civil war reenacting when I was 21, and thoroughly enjoying it. As far as I'm concerned, dressing up is perfectly fine for a 16-year-old!
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Oh Lydia!
I ABSULUTELY LOVE your outfits!!!!
I wish I had one just like it!
I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing up when your sixteen!(and I'm almost sixteen)

~Kourtney

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates