Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Pink Panther!!


Hey everyone! Merry requested pictures so, here you go. I'll try to explain most of them. I also promised a story. There is a part in the second half where the good guy, Clouseau, goes into a German restaurant. Inside wait 9 assassins from different countries waiting to kill him because the bad guy, Dreyfus, has threaded to "vaporise the world with the doomsday machine unless Clouseau is killed."



I'm slightly proud of this scene because some of the costume's were my ideas. And yes the Irish is wearing my nightgown.




Left to right is Polish, Aussie, Italian, Arab, Irish and Japanese. Not show is German and Spanish.

The not show German gives Clouseau a poisoned drink just as the Arab comes behind him to kill him. He decides he doesn't want to drink the drink and throws it over his shoulder, right into the Arab's face, killing her. All should be right, no?(Well not for the Arab, but...) It went fine till performance night, when the Arab, my friend Lillie, decided to stand closer to Clouseau than before and got hit by the cup, a big plastic one, like seen in the picture. She died fine on stage so we all figured she was fine. It wasn't until when she got off stage and into the light of the dressing room that we realized she had a goose egg and gash on her forehead and there was blood EVERYWHERE! Thankfully she was well enough to act the next night although all her characters had three stitches in their foreheads.

This is my other big project, what we called the "staff" scene. The inventor of the doomsday machine, a nice person, was kidnapped, that's how Dreyfus got it, and here Clouseau is interrogating the household staff to figure out who did it.
He gets nowhere.

They're all sobbing because he just killed one of the beekeeper's bees.


Here's the Clouseau and the main girl, Olga. She's the Russian assassin but she's in love with Clouseau so she can't kill him, but she tries a few times before chickening out. In this picture he just sneezed on her, I love their expressions:


She still likes him after that. What's that quote about women loving when all hope is gone?

Here's the bad guy:
He's demanding Clouseau's death on a television broadcast. His character is a cross between a terrorist and a really mad guy.
I don't have the cast picture uploaded right now, but I will later. then you can see mt turbans. Hope this wasn't really boring.
Cheerio,
Lydia

6 comments:

Katie said...

I believe this is the quote you are looking for:
"All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one; you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone." Anne Elliot - Persuasion

That part always makes me, something.... and the letter Wentworth writes, it's a heart jerker....

Anonymous said...

It was a funny, funny play! Nice pictures and explanations Lyds.
~Nack

Rebecca said...

very boring *yawn*... j/k you know I laughed thru the whole play. twice!

Erica said...

Oh, goodness, Wentworth's letter is not, may I repeat, NOT a heart jerker, tear jerker, sympathy jerker, or any of the sort. "You pierce my soul." If my lover even tries to talk like that to me... :)

Thanks for posting pictures! Awww, YOUR nightie made it on stage?!?! I'm impressed. :) (Lydia's claim to fame...haha!)

Okay, I'll quit being mean. Nack's right, you did do a very good job with the explanations! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Erica

Anonymous said...

It shall go down in history as the nightie worn in front of hundreds (maybe...maybe one hudred?" ) of people...all come to see Lydia Sigwarth act in the most prominant "Pink Panther"

Back to real life:
What fun! Thanks for posting pictures. The costumes look really fun. I'm sure you all did a superb job.

Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't you wearing it then it would have been, like, one of those horrible nightmares you have, or at least TV likes to show.
So have you washed it or are you keeping the smell of acting on it by hanging it up in your closet? :)
I wish I could have seen it, but i can't rewind life can I? THat would be nice though if I were taking a test.
Deborah

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates