Monday, November 5, 2007

Claims to Fame


Last Saturday night we meet Jeff Daniels (actor from Gettysburg, Fly Away Home, Because of Winn-Dixie etc.) He's not my favorite actor or anything, but I do like a few of his movies. He was here in town to do a show at the Center For The Arts, apparently he sings and plays the guitar. (As warning, his show wasn't family friendly.) So we went because Dad got free tickets and passes to meet him afterwards because Dad's a "friend" of the CFA. So we said greeted Mr. Daniels, I got his autograph, and that was it.

Big Deal.

Truly I feel no different since meeting a famous person. He of course , has forgotten all about meeting me by now, and by this time next year, I'll probably forget too. Maybe years from now when I get married and move out, I'll go through all my "junk" and find a tattered copy of a program with Jeff Daniel's signature scrawled on it and I'll remember. Or maybe I'll lose it and forget all together. So I said about 5 words to a celebrity. Big Deal!


I'm saying this because before the show I was excited, I was going to meet a movie star. After the advent I realised he was just a person, and not the greatest person either. Fame is temporary. Who 100 years ago will know who Jeff Daniels was?? If no one remembers him. What about me?What about when I've been dead for 50 years?? Will anyone remember me? It reminds me of a quote from Ben Franklin;





"If you would not be forgotten
as soon as you are dead
and rotten. Either write
something worth reading or
do things worth reading."


That's my new motto. I got to get going on that bestseller book:-)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Lydia:D
Your right, celebrities are just people like you and me. Well, maybe they aren't so much like you and me, but, you know what I mean:D

So how has your week been?
I haven't herd from you in SO long *hint hint*! But don't worry I was warned, Erica has told me ALL about you:D Okay, don't get your knickers in a twist, she hasn't told me THAT much. All I ever hear is "Oh Lydia has the cutest smile" and "Lydia is SO fun to do this and such with":D You know how Erica is.
Well this is going to be a pretty long comment if I don't stop.
Have a great day.
Love and God bless,
Kourtney

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates