Saturday, October 27, 2007

My thoughts on ...acting

I love acting. Anyone who knows me well knows it. If I don 't get an opportunity to act in a long period of time I get restless. I just do.

I have always loved pretending, just ask my sisters, when I was 3 or 4 I threw my self a surprise birthday party, I played all the guest and myself as my sisters watched from a hidden place laughing at me.

When we lived in Dubuque we put on a few American Girl plays. Felicity twice, once with Rachel, Audrey, Erica and Merry, and once by ourselves. We also did Kirsten and Molly. I played the lead roll in Molly, rather interesting and NOT my best work. Felicity wasn't the only play we've done with the Woods, Little Women (Meg), Pride and P.(Mr. B.) , Austen Vignette's (Harriet), and Sense and Sensibility(Mrs. Jennings), we're played in various living rooms. Those productions have defiantly been my favorite.

Then, of course, there were the homeschool plays, amazing experience. My 3 lines in Anne of Anvonlea were precious to me. 3 lines, ouch, that was defiantly a cut to my pride. Then... there was last year... Erica knows especially about last year, one of the most difficult things I ever did. You see, I felt God just didn't want me in the play that year. Like I said, acting is very important to me, not acting in one of my few opportunities was like on of those black holes in space happening in my life (well it seemed like that at the time).

God had to do a lot of work in my heart around that time, I had quite a few priorities that weren't in the right places. I think God has something for me in my (possible talent) in acting, and I'd really like to use it for his glory. With acting you can be a completely different person, do things you won't usually do, make people laugh or cry, just by changing your tone of voice. Maybe I like it so much just because I can do fun things on stage that you can't do in public, and nobody thinks you're weird:-)

I'm not quite sure why I'm posting about this. Just what I was thinking about.

10 comments:

Katie said...

My dear, my guess, or since you love this line... "from my experiences I would say" ;) God's trying to tell you something.

And you were a Freshman you should be thankful you got 3 lines in Anne. Don't worry everyone remembers the hair pull, most of us where trying not to laugh :)

Erica said...

Hey, I have that note you wrote me up on my wall...that evening when Sue was scrambling around for all she was worth trying to get our hair done (not to mention her own!), and we were sitting on the bathroom counter trying to think of our last names that started with 'F'. Foggarty--Forthright--froggert--Fillamoose, etc.

Ya, so you wrote me that darling note, while I was threatening to peek at your names. "Erica, you are a superb actress!" Right back at ya, Lyds.

We're a great duo, personally. Emma and Harriet, Mrs. Jennings and Sir John, Mr. and Mrs. Bennett, and of course, Henny and Lou, but that's not in acting.

One month, girl. One month!!

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
An Old Fashioned Girl said...

"ONE MORE MONTH, ANOTHER MONTH ANOTHER DESTINY.."

I can't wait to see you! Hey I have your CG book sitting on my desk just waiting for me to take it back to you, so don't worry about it:-)

Do you think we'll have time for a play during the convention??:-)

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

To every one: what should I do with my blog to make it more worth visiting?

Erica said...

Umm...update more often? About interesting stuff?

What are goodest friends for? Call 'em like I see 'em, right? ;)

Okay, you wanted for real, I assume. Maybe occassionally what God's been showing you. Or...something cool that happened at work. Or...how you're going to see Erica in one month. Or...pictures! Oh, I forgot. Sisters have the camera. Never mind.

Ha! I shouldn't be talking. Me who has the boringest blog on the www.

(Nope, no time for a play. Bummer.)

Erica said...

and yes, that deleted comment was me. I accidentally posted the same one twice, for some dorky reason...ah well. My apologies.

"My apologies!!!" (oooooh, I cannot STAND Mr. Booke.)

Mac said...

You should post more often dear! Try not to make things long all of the time just something small and simple. I prefer short post myself, they're easier to read and easier to comment on! My 2 cents :)

Erica said...

It's your turn to write me on UTube, you know?

Anonymous said...

Lydia
I know what you mean:D
I REALLY enjoy acting too!
I've never really been in any REAL plays, but, I used to write plays and drag my younger sister Kayla into doing them with me (she's the only one that I could get). They never turned out very well though. We would get them worked up very well, then Kayla would get up in front of everyone (our parents and siblings) and burst out laughing. She never could get all of her lines out:D
We had a really good time though. It was a little tough being writer, director, costume designer, lead and fill in (or what ever you call it) actress. Wow! I was busy:D
Well got to fly, more blogs to checkout:D
Have a great day
Love and God bless
Kourtney

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates