Friday, October 5, 2007

We're having a *sniff,sob* Great time with Audrey.


It was my Luke-a-boy, hunch, Yadie, Capuouano, Miser etc. 's birthday yesterday. My baby is 6 years old:-( ??????*sniff* As usual, we had a Wood here to celebrate with us. (BTW, Did you know an other Audrey Wood is a prize-winning bestseller children book authoress?)



Then today believe it or not. I ran in a race:o After Joe's meet they had a "fun run", where anybody can do it, mostly coaches and such. I ran the 2 mile path in 28:45.(No that's not hours/min.) I about died in the process but I made it to the end which was my goal. Right now I have a splitting headache, but I'm alive.



I realised the other day I never posted pictures of Civil War Day so I thought I'd grab a quick moment and post a few of the outfit we wore that day to make you all jealous:-)
First up, my baby,(of course.) Katie made this dress for her and I think she looks adorable in this picture. She really enjoyed the day and was a good girl.



Here's Mom and Susie. Debbie made Mom's dress it's a "Molly Gibson" style. Rebecca made Susie's a long time ago.


Here's Debbie with Joe's sword. She's wearing Rachel's authentic 1860's dress.


This is Lillie, Heather and I "crying" because our brothers have gone off to war. Lillie's brother wasn't there so she borrowed Luke for the afternoon. This is the only picture that I could find that has my skirt in it. Mommy made my skirt, start to finish, the day before. Thank you Mommy:-)



Our "Army". Katie made Joe's coat complete with brass buttons. Luke's is just his blue pants with gold braiding on the seams, a creation of Susie's.


We took my friend Heather and her sister Carrissa with us. Heather made her outfit, the bonnet too.

Aren't hats just wonderful fun? I love 'em and really wish they were in style.
We had an amazing time and learned a lot. The reactors there called it a "Living History Day", believe me, some days I wish I were living in history.

12 comments:

Katie said...

There was a picture of your skirt... must be on the other computer. I'll look

Anonymous said...

Lydia
Oh how FUN!! I really, really, REALLY wish I was there!
Historical clothing is the BEST!!
I wish we could wear it every day:D
Okay maybe not, but I do wish it was in stile so we could were it on special occasions anyway!

Have a great day, and I hope your headache gets better
Kourtney

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought only Skinny Marmee could fit in that dress. Okay, Susie is tiny too...*sigh from a fat one* haha.

Lady Dvora said...

Wow that Day was soooo Fun!! Good job with the picture choices

Anyonymous-you've given yourself away. We shall take up this discussion at our next meeting

Anonymous said...

lydia is a very good runner and did very well for her first race. 28mins
is very good you still have time to get better before you graduate. like
the skirt civil war pic's look fun.

Anonymous said...

Well...it worked. I'm jealous :)
I really like the picture of Skinn-Lady Dvora. It's one of my favorites. Your skirt is really pretty! Good for Aunt Renee.


Anonoymous! That was slightly shocking!...

Anonymous said...

no I have not given myself away!! You do not know who I am!! Maybe...I hope...it's useless. You do.


Just don't tell, okay?

Erica said...

WAY TO GO LYDS!!!!!! You ran two miles?!?! Inconceivable! Good job. Now you totally do NOT have any excuses--you are going running with me next time you come!!! (Man, I haven't run in forever...)

Katie said...

Anonymous,

It's too late

Rebecca said...

believe it or not, ANONYMOUS, I actually fit in that dress once upon a time....

Anonymous said...

I know I already commented but...

Post Script: The Lady Beautiful looks beautiful...again.

Moriah A. said...

That looks like a lot of fun Lydia! I wish that I could do something like that! I wish that we could wear clothes like that a lot without getting looked at like you just walked out of a history book! I wouldn't care I still love the hats and the dress style!!!!
~Ri

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates