Monday, July 9, 2007

*DISCLAIMER*

Just so everyone knows, I'm safe and sound, no I wasn't tied up, gaged and put in a closet-Correction: I wasn't FORCED to be tied and gagged, I actually was, just by free-will and my own hand.

I figured I'd better up date before Erica hacked in again and posted for me. (Well I guess it wouldn't be much of a hack, considering I told her my password.)

I actually don't have much to write about, Erica posted pictures of a lot of my doing of the last week and a half. Now for the rest of the week I'm going to unpack, wash all my clothes and re pack for camp and work at CK. Then Sunday starts another week of vacation at camp. I did two weeks of Drivers Education at the High School in the middle of July, I still have a week I'm making up for at the end of July, so that will happen the week after camp.

Many of you might know my dream job is to be a Librarian, and for the last year I've been volunteering at the local library for the past year. I've always wanted to work there, but had never said much about it, about a month ago, out of the blue, the librarian director OFFERED me a job position that was going to be created! I was truly blessed that the lord worked it all out with me sticking my big mouth in to it. Due to various reasons it was 3 weeks before I got my application in. Because it's a city library I had to go through city hall and fill out a background check etc. It was about a million papers. Can you imagine??? ME a background check. When I filled it out I was reading all the things 'have you ever done this this or this?' (I didn't even know what most of them meant) and Mom looked over my shoulder and said "Oh just check NO on all of them. I know you haven't done anything." After I submitted the application (with much fear and trembling) I had to wait for almost 2 agonizing long weeks. To make a long story short when we returned home from Illinois Sunday night there was a message on the machine, I got the job!!!

Like I said before, God is SO good to me and I am very blessed to get a job I love and would like to do for a long time. He is an AWESOME God!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!!

Erica said...

I knew you'd get it. :) Actually, hacking in and posting something fun for you sometime isn't such a bad idea...hmmm...

Erica

Katie said...

Thanks for telling me you got the job, I really appreciate being informed.....

YAY for you!

And I think you meant you took 2 weeks of Drivers Ed the middle of June

Rebecca said...

oh, yes... what a world this is when you have to read on the internet that your sister got a new job... it wouldnt' be so bad if she didn't live in the SAME HOUSE!!! ah well... Lyds, just so you know... I don't have a new job. Nothing new to inform you of. But, I'll be sure to post on my blog if there ever is any news.

Erica said...

have you been reading for better or worse? haha, i had to get on the internet when i got home, to look up and read what i missed. i'll admit, even i'm a goose about this. after talking about what happened months and months ago, it has been a lot funnier to read. ;)

erica

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Well considering I haven't had a chance to talk to you in two days might be why you two didn't get told. Besides, we all pretty much figured I'd get it, Believer me if I hadn't, you would have known.

Yes I did mean JUNE Katie. Sorry.

Lyds

P.S. I agree Erica:-)

Anonymous said...

Lydia
That's GREAT! If I ever get a job, beside being a piano teacher, I would want to be a librarian. We have very nice people that work at our library, especially the library director or supervisor or what ever you call them. I'm sure you will be a very nice, helpful librarian:D God is truly good!

Love and God bless. Have a Great day and don't forget to smile!
Kourtney

Anonymous said...

I think it would be lots of fun to work at a library. Congratulations! And praise the Lord!

Kourtney Ann said...

Lydia
I just received your letter!
Thank you a bunch!!!
I'll try to write you tonight.
Love and God bless

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates