Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday #4

A couple of days ago I was taking one of those endless blogthings quizzes that are uncannily know you so well, and have the weirdest questions. One of questions, "What would you rather live without, a)music or b)laughter" I answered quickly enough, but it had me thinking later. I said I would rather live without music based on a) I love to laugh b) the world would be awful without laughter.

But...

This week I am thankful for Music.

Generally, I guess you could say I'm not as into music as the average teenager, but I still love it.

Music is mentioned in the Bible in Gen 4:21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.

Way back in the beginning of world God gave us music to praise him and give him glory.

So here's a sample of some of my favorite music:


5 comments:

Erica said...

fun post! I should make a playlist of the music I like, and send it to you. :)

Anonymous said...

What scarlet pimpernel is that song off of? The 1934? I loved it! I laughed...and laughed, and laughed :)

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

It's from the Scarlet Pimpernel Musical, which I LOVE!

If you want I could send you a link to a video of when it was on Broadway.

Mia said...

What a creative post!
I'm a huge fan of Big Band era music, so I was having fun listening to Glenn Miller, The Andrew sisters, Bing Crosby etc.
:D

Brianna said...

Cool post lydia!! Great idea...

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates