Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day One: Lend-me-please?



In my own personnel world of clothing and fashion three words reign supreme.

Hand-me-downs.

or

Lend-me-please?

I don't like to spend huge amounts of money on clothes. I might see an adorable dress in the store window and absolutely LOVE it, but generally one glance at the price tag squelches my love post haste. An experience I don't like to go through.

If department stores were all there was in life I would be a strangely and saddly dressed young lady. Therefore I must thank the good Lord for two thing:

Secondhand Shops

and

Older Sisters

For a girl who is tight-fisted when it comes to clothes I have a rather large wardrobe. In fact, it's been called huge by some people. Even gigantic. This is because, a) I love clothes and b) I love my older sister's old clothes. I love going through my sisters cast-off clothing and pairing Debi's old skirt with Susie's shirt and they both match perfectly with one of Rebecca's many old handbags. It's even better than seeing the adorable dress in the store window, and the best part?

It's free :-)

Even with 5 older sisters, my entire wardrobe is not hand-me-downs. Some of it still belongs to them. Although I know I should weed through my closet more often it's true that my wardrobe must seem so extensive because I am always and forever borrowing clothes from my sisters.

And I love it :-)

A perfect example of my (I hope frugal) wardrobe is this spring outfit.

Jean Jacket from Gap: Hand-me-down from Susie. (Basically I borrowed it enough that it found a permanent home in my closet)




Pink No Boundaries Shirt: Hand-me-down from Stephanie.



Necklace: Birthday Gift



Saddles, Montego Bay Club: Borrowed from Susie



Skirt: Handmade, material off the Wal-Mart $1 a yard sale.

Total Cost of outfit: $3.00




5 comments:

Anna said...

That cute is just too cute! And only $3, nice job.

hi said...

Fun outfit! I love the cheery colors and especially the shoes! Oh yes, and Jean jackets are just the best thing in the world. ;)

Beth said...

Love the colors! And those sandals are too cute!

Bramblewood Fashion said...

Love the colors! It makes for one cheerful outfit for spring. :)

http://bramblewoodfashion.blogspot.com/

Erica said...

As someone once said, "If I didn't like you so much, I would hate you."

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates