Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Outfit Three: A Purpleicious Day

Today I took off my Librarian hat (commonly known as a sensible bun) and put on my Nanny hat (commonly referred to as the "pony tail".)
Two days a week I spend 9 hours with one of the world's most adorably sweet one year olds. We play peek-a-boo, sing the ABC's, go on walks and generally have fun. I get paid for to do this, what a life huh? :-)
I admit, most of my "Nanny outfits" this winter comprised of a) old worn out skirts b) a sweatshirt c) tights with holes in them. Things that I could do anything in and not worry about getting them stained or ripped.
:-(
Now that it's getting warmer (72 Degrees today! YAHOO!!!) we've been going outside more, for long walks and playing in the yard. Which means people, and people are known to stare at things like stains and rips etc. So lately I've been trying to come up with some comfy, can-chase-after-baby-in clothes that I can actually wear in public. :-)
Blue No Boundaries T-shirt

Hand-Me-Down

Purple Kathie Lee Sweater

Borrowed from Debi


Blue Flip-Flops from Last Summer.
(Great for Baby chasing :-) )

Bargain shop $0.50

My "golfer" capris

Local Consignment shop $3.00

Total cost of outfit: $3.50



Checking on my (invisible) ball.




Hitting my (invisible) ball with my (equally invisible) golfing stick thingy.
(Note: BTW I know next to squat about golf)
Watch out golfing world here I come!!!




Oh yes, it is also very important to pair Nanny outfits with the proper Nanny accessories:

Bag to carry necessary baby things around.

My awesome birthday present from my equally awesome family: a brand-new bright pink ipod nano to listen to during naps.
:-)
:-)
I love my job...


7 comments:

Bramblewood Fashion said...

Cute!

Beth said...

I love the "hitting the imaginary ball" pose! lol Cute outfit. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!

Bets said...

Love the color combination! And cute expressions. :) I'm biased, but I currently think one year olds are the best, hahaha. ;)

Erica said...

Umm...great outfit, but you REALLY (I mean, reaaaallly) need to get rid of those flip-flops.

In fact, please bring them when you come, ok?

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

E: I know! They are getting really horrible! I wear out a pair every summer and I just haven't had time to buy new ones this year.

hi said...

Love it! Such a great summery outfit! And those capris are just fun! :)

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates