Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Outfit Two: Dress on a Dime (Sorta)








I love dresses.

Seriously, I sometimes wish I could've lived 50 years ago when it was still the norm for a girl to put on a dress or at least a cute skirt every single day. *sigh* It would be lovely to have an entire wardrobe of dresses wouldn't it?


The "one time wear" is the down fall of most adorable dresses. It might work perfectly for the event you're shopping for, but, more often than not, you spend $50 on a dress you might wear twice. Not a very good use of my hard earned money (yes I am guilty of this *hides*).


Last spring I bought a dress to wear to my graduation party. I wanted something that would stand-out and be special for my special day, but I also wanted something I could wear again. This weekend provided me with a perfect opportunity to wear this dress again in a new way.

Sunday was a library day for me. Basically this means I sneak out of church early, rush home, eat as fast as I can, open the library doors for the waiting crowd, work the rest of the day and then come home. There's no time to change so I always try to dress in a professional, yet church appropriate outfit that's comfy enough to work in. It was nice to easily thrown on my versatile comfy dress Sunday morning, pair it with different accessories than at my party and be ready in no time for a long crazy busy day.

For Church: Red Chadwicks dress I bought at the local Consignment shop

$10

For Professionalism: Black mymicelle Suit Jacket,



Borrowed from Debi

For Warmth: Black Leggings from Claires.

Birthday Present

Just For Fun: Red Sash for my hair and my "Dorthy Shoes" from Target
(Note: The whole "There's no place like home" spell doesn't work with these particular red shoes, I tried ;-) )

$20 Bought With Gift Card (Thanks Aunt Elaine!)

Total Cost of Outfit for me: $10

4 comments:

hi said...

I LOVE that outfit! Red and black are some of my favorites and all these pieces are just great. I especially like the little touches... the lace on the leggings, the earrings, the scarf headband. :)

Bets said...

You look amazing. :-D The outfit is wonderful, and I love all the details. Dresses really are fun!

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! I like how you made it work for what you had to do! Love the leggings:D

Beth said...

So cute! The whole outfit, it all looks really great on you. :) Gotta love that red.

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates