Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Ummm..."

I've seen the blank embarrassed look dozens of times. "Ummm.. where's the handle?"

Perhaps I should give some background. Since just after we moved here our microwave has had no handle, we've forgotten who broke it, but we know it it hasn't been there for a while. We've learned how to open the microwave without a handle, a complicated progress, but we've perfected it, and we've had to teach our poor guests how to perform it also, much to our cringe. I guess we just learned to deal with it.

Life would have gone on like this if the stove hadn't broke. Now you're asking, "What's the stove have to do with a no-handled microwave?" Well the microwave is above the stove, and when the stove door broke, the repair man noticed the microwave and offered to fix it. God bless the repair man. We now have a handle on our microwave like every other red-blooded American family, it's going to be nice. But it'll take some getting used to... Think of it a handle on the microwave... *sighs with pleasure*

5 comments:

Katie said...

The worst thing about it, is that some of our friends have perfected opening the microwave.

The things we don't fix, it's strange.

But yes, God bless the repair man!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I know what you mean, we have a couple of household gadgets like that:D

Erica said...

Happy day for you. :) Sweet old microwave.

You know how Pierre busted? Well, I miss him. He was a good guy. Our microwave now just goes "BEEP...BEEEP...BEEEEEP!!" when your food is done...*sigh*

Kristi said...

That's funny.
You know, for all the times we've been to your house, I never even noticed the microwave handle. I guess I've never needed to use the microwave when I've been there...

Anyhow, I am glad it's fixed now!

Lady Dvora said...

Fun post Lyds!!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates