Friday, March 21, 2008

In Loving Memory Of Mary.



Today I told someone, "A lady from a nursing home we visited died". Then I stopped my self, that sounded so causal, oh some elderly lady died, that's sad, but it happens. Well, that's not the way it was, Mary was my friend. True I only saw her every two weeks, and we would only talk for a few minuets after the singing. But I really loved my time with her. She was my friend. She was alert and loved to laugh, she had this one picture she always laughed at, it was from when "Santa" visited in December, she never could get over that in the picture you couldn't tell where Santa's beard ended and Mary's hair began! I remember last Easter her daughter gave her a bunny that sang "Easter Bonnet" she loved the bunny and would laugh when I sang along.

Mary always felt blessed by our coming there and singing, and, bless her heart, she wanted to give something back. So once she gave everyone who came to sing pens, , just the normal ones, but they were all she had.

The last time I saw her I was kicking myself, because I'd taken a picture of Mary and I together, and printed it out, and then forgot to bring it. She'd been most forgiving and we talked about the play, and we decided if we could work it out, she'd like to come see me act and I promised to try to find a way, I also promised to bring the picture in two weeks, two weeks later, everyone at the Nursing Home was sick and we didn't go, that sickness, claimed Mary life.

That last time, somewhere deep down, I knew I would never see her again, I tried to brush it away, but It was there, God's special way of preparing me for losing my dear friend.
I was so blessed to know this wonderfully sweet lady. I'll miss her, but I'll always have this picture.

4 comments:

Erica said...

The people at nursing homes are treasures...

And, fyi, you look really good in that picture. :)

Kourtney Ann said...

Your gonna make me cry!
My great uncle was in a nursing home. He died a few years ago. It was very sad:(

Kristi said...

That is a very sweet post, Lydia. I'm glad you have the picture to remember Mary by.

Moriah A. said...

I'm going to start crying now! That is really, really sweet Lydia....And I think that someones Birthday (Sunday the 23rd)is tomorrow/Today(just whenever you see this)! Happy Birthday Lydia!

P.S
That is a really great picture of you!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates