Monday, May 19, 2008

Cranford, My Sort-of Review



*laughs* Oh. My. Word. Those ladies are a stitch!



*sighs* They are such a cute couple... how sweet.



*cries* Why did she have to die? That's awful!!



*Wide Eyes* What just happened?



*laughs again* A cow in grey flannel.. that's new.



*Cries numerous times*



*sighs at cute couples, both young and old*



Repeat as necessary.

That's me, watching Cranford. I previewed it on YouTube a couple months ago and loved it. So I was ecstatic when finally showed here in the states, and *bonus:-)*I got to see it on 27 inch TV!

It was even better than I remembered it on the 6 inch YouTube screen! Joe jokes that as he would randomly walk in on me while viewing it on YouTube I would be gushing about the above things. Within 15 min. I'd go from crying to laughing to grinning like hyena over some adorable part. (For those who don't know it, I'm an ridicules romantic about such things.)




It has an amazing script, and being based on 3 Elizabeth Gaskill novels, has great humor. The pace was good and I never felt board or rushed.


The only caution I can think of for concerned viewers is the medical scenes, which can be a little scary, but nothing too graphic.

The costumes were awesome, but not over the top. (Unlike most period dramas there's no low-cut neck-lines.)



I don't pretend to be an expert on such things, but the acting was superb, as it should have been with the all-star cast.



I don't know if I've said it sufficiently, but I LOVE this movie. Even better than the Austen movies, mostly because Mrs. Gaskill's stories have more plot to them than the right people getting married, (not that there's anything wrong with that...) I just enjoy the moral and historical substance.



Seriously, even my 14 brother half-way-under-force admitted he liked it. That has to mean something!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idid not admit that i liked it I just thought that it was interesting, and funny, sometimes.

And it's acutally a 34" TV screen, Much better than a 3" one.

Joe

Kourtney Ann said...

I watched it to and liked it SOSOSOSO much!!!!!!!!!!

Lill said...

I Absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to talk your ear off about it!

Lady Dvora said...

I agree!!!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates