Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Reason for Choosing My Chosen Career

Since our senior class officially graduated on Saturday I am now an unofficial senior. *bites nails*


Of course along with this realization comes the questions. "What are you going to do after school? What's career would you like to go into?"

I've known the answer to these questions since I as very young. What do I want to do with my life after high-school is over?


I want to be a Wife and Mommy.


The reason?

This:


Now I know motherhood is not just getting flowers. But the accompanying sweet baby smiles and warm feeling you get when a baby hugs you are what makes it worth it.


I remember last summer my co-worker Leanne and I were talking, in context of the conversation she mentioned what I had told her I wanted to do with my life. A patron at the desk heard the last comment of the conversation and exclaimed quite loudly. "Who wants only to get married and have children? That's just awful!! Doesn't she want to DO anything with her life?"


"It's me."I answered.


She had grace enough to look sheepish.

"But...don't you want to go to collage or do anything???"

I was trying to keep my cool.
"Well Ma'am, to me, getting married and raising children is doing something. Becoming a mother and raising children is my dream."


The women, still incredulous, made no further comment.

I wished I'd had these pictures with me that day.





7 comments:

Lill said...

I don't mean to burst your bubble but what are you going to do while your waiting to get married? I mean I don't see any night in shining armor on the horizon..... I totaly agree with you about being a wife and mother being SOMETHING. It's a big job!

Maybe you want to travel the world while you wait!!!!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

hehe I wish I could travel the world, I probably will work at the library for a while I wait for Mr. Right to show up,Lillie. Of course what I was talking about is my ideal, what-I-would-like-to-do-with-my-life. I might turn out an old maid :-)

Lil red said...

You an old maid? I don't think so...... :)

Anonymous said...

I REALLY agree with what you said about being merried and having children something! I want to do that too:D But, I'm not sure what the Lord has for me yet. I'm still waiting and praying for the next steps!
I had so much fun with you at the W----!!!! I can't wait to do it again sometime:D

Kristi said...

That is a wonderful 'career' to desire, Lydia! Running a household and raising Godly children is an awesome task that requires much love and hard work. But you have a tremendous example to follow in your mom. I have such respect for her and the way she and your dad raised you all to love the Lord and desire to be overcomers. God bless!

Sheila said...

You go girl, that is SO bang on!

Kourtney Ann said...

I totally understand!
Being a Wife and Mommy is all I've ever wonted since I was "knee high to a tadpole" :D

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates