Monday, September 29, 2008

FREE ADVICE!!!

1.) If a person has a brother on a cross country team that person, while attending a meet, shouldn't enjoy his/her self so much that he/she doesn't think clearly.

2.) If this same person can not help but enjoy his/her self and commits #1 that same person should not eat the apple breakfast cake provided by the mom of said brother's teammate, no matter how delicious it looks. Bees will be attracted.

3.) If this person happens to adore said Mom's cooking and eats cake (Side Note: YUM!) therefore committing #2 and it is September, bees will be a problem. After the bees are swarming this person should not eat Nut Thins especially without examining the chip before putting it in he/she's mouth.

4.)If this person eats the Nut Thins, it's possible that one of the swarming bees might be sitting on chip, and will be put in said person's mouth.

5.) If, unfortunately, the bee is put in the mouth my advice is too spit the bee out as quickly as possible, before it can sting he/she.

6.) If he/she is unable to execute #5 fast enough, and he/she is stung on the lip, do not, I repeat, DO NOT start yelling incoherently "Mum a ba strounge ma und de wip!" Whilst holding lip due to excruciating pain. He/she will get laughed by brother's teammates.

7.) If he/she can't think clearly through the pain and does #6, bear it with as much dignity as possible. This dignity should not include holding a 6" by 6" cooling thing on the lip. Said teammates with laugh and tease more.

8.) If #6 and #7 are unavoidable he/she should try to laugh at he/she's self as a last resort.

9.) If all this is unavoidable, he/she has my sympathy.

10.) BTW if said lip swells over night and is a literal balloon on Sunday morning. He/she should tell story to friends to provide laughs.

Believe me, I know.

11 comments:

Lady Dvora said...

WHAT?!!?! No Pictures????

Lady Dvora said...

My sympathies of course go without being said :)

Miss Alice said...

I am roaring with laughter. And, oh, yes, very sympathetic also, of course. Good writing, Lyds.

Rebecca said...

your lip wasn't a balloon!! i didn't even notice it! except it was a little black and blue, but I really didn't think it was bad at all..

Anonymous said...

That happened to me once!...

We were eating a picnic lunch outside, and a wasp was on my sandwich and I didn't look... I got stung on the inside of my cheek, and while it didn't feel good, it didn't last long, and it's fun to brag about. :)

Julia said...

I love how you told this story as if giving advice...what the world would miss if Lydia didn't have a blog! :) I'm sorry you got stung by a bee and then laughed at...that doesn't sound fun. My sympathies.

Julia

Kourtney Ann said...

*wipes eyes and puts on a sympathetic look while trying to stifle the big grin that keeps threatening to erupt into more side splitting laughter*
Oh you poor, *snicker* poor dear *concentrate. Don't loose it*
How did you ever *snicker* get through the *snicker* day?

Okay so maybe I laughed a (very) little.
I couldn't help myself!!
It brought back so many memorise of Krissy being stung on her nose. How she grabbed her nose and hoped around. Then the next day it swelled up to about the size of a football!:D
Okay so maybe it's mean of me to laugh, but I did get her an ice pack:D

Anonymous said...

Aww... you poor dear!

Kristi said...

oh, my. seeing the title i was all prepared for a glowing recommendation to go see fireproof. i guess not!

my sympathies are with you also... even if i am laughing!

hermitgirl said...

Lydia, I'm afraid to say that if I'd been there I might have laughed. Though the effect of uncontrolable laughter was lost on sunday without the large ice pack. And when you statred to write a 6 by 6 thing...
I thought you were talking about a piece of wood and seeking revenge! :) Though that woldn't have been good advice.

Anonymous said...

Poor Lyd!!! You made me laugh so much that I have tears in my eyes. Sorry that my Mom makes irresitablly delicious food!!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates