Friday, January 23, 2009

"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year..."

No, I'm not talking about Christmas, or Easter, or even Summer time. I'm talking about...

Play Time!
Every spring the high school kids in our homeschool group put on a play. I'm graduating this spring, so this play will be my last.

The play this year is You Can't Take it With You. It's based on a 1938 Jimmy Stewart movie.


Joe won't let me tell you about his characters, so see his blog for details. (Hint: my friend Heather gets to spit in my brother's face, too fun!!)

I'm playing Mrs. Kirby (the "mother" from the video)I get to faint twice and scream, two things I've always wanted to do on stage :-O Mrs. Kirby is kind of the villain of the play, stuck and snobby.

Can't you all imagine me perfectly in that part??? :-) :-)

Just so you're warned, my life will be full of play stuff for the next two and a half months. So get used to it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats:) Have lots of fun!!!

Cassandra said...

Awesome! Have a wonderful time! I've always wanted to do plays and stuff, but my mom tells me that our lives are too busy already... she just likes having not much to do!

Anyway, keep us posted!

Julia said...

Hi Lydia,

You've been awarded the Kreativ Blogger award by me! :D

Blessings,
Julia

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates