Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday Evening February 1st 2009

It is a day when America comes together, and also a day when it is ripped apart. Brother against brother, son against father in a fer ice battle of...

cheering for their favorite team?

Yesterday was Superbowl Sunday, a day when America unites in gluing themselves to the TV watching teams play that they usually couldn't care less about. And what was we doing on this All-American day?

"I see a lot of blue and orange."
"Is it animated?"
"I'm pretty sure."
"Incredibles has a lot of orange."
"Mom can you get closer?"

We were on a long stretch on Wisconsin highway the game was at halftime so Joe had taken his headphones out and joined the rest of us in "The Mystery Of What Movie is Playing In The SUV In Front Of Us??"

It was a difficult case. We scoured our brains for animated film names and peeled our eyes for the slightest clue. Finally we threw caution to the wind and mom stealthily sidled up until we were level with the SUV in question. I got a brief glimpse of the 8 inch screen.

"Kung Fu Panda!!!" I yelled triumphantly.

Case Solved.

Mom, Joe, Luke and I are at a speech and debate tournament in Milwaukee for the next three days. I'll try to post some pictures and a brief post everyday, maybe twice a day if you all would like me to. I also plan to work hard, meet lots of talented nice homeschoolers and Joe is hoping to get over the disappointing football game.

Poor Kurt Warner.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Sorry Joe...

Have a GREAT time! You two will do awesome!

Anonymous said...

Do I seriously know you as well as Erica does? No. I think you need harder/more questions on the quiz...:)

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates