Friday, March 27, 2009

This Evening I Said...

Me: Mom, I have to run to Wal-Mart to get some feathers for my Mrs. Kirby hat. Debi, can I borrow your keys, car and cell phone?

Debi: Sure

Joe: Can I go too?

Since I am a very kind and benevolent sister I said: Yes.

Fast-forward about 10 minuets as Joe and I pull out of the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Me: Joe will you check the cell phone?

Joe: There's a text from Debi, it says "Come Home quickly..."

*What???*

Joe: "...Sarah B. is doing complex mathematical formulas."

*sigh of relief*

Me: "It says that?"

Joe: "Yep."

Me: "She must have said 2+2=4 or something like that."

Joe: "I don't know... it said complex."

We discuss the possibilities of the meaning of the text during the short drive home.

Me: "Hi Mom, so what's up with Sarah?"

Mom: "Sarah?"

I repeat the messages I received.

Debi: "I didn't send that, besides YOU have my cell phone."

All eyes turn to Joe.

Joe,

who is laughing

hysterically

at me.

Me: *sputters*

Susie: "You mean... you were pulling her leg??"

Mom: JOE!!!


Joe: *laughs more*

Me:
*sputters more* *hits Joe with bag*

Debi:"I can NOT believe you."

Susie: "Lydia how could you be so gullible?"

Mom: "Joe how could you be so mean? Apologies!"

Me: "I'll forgive him on one condition."

Joe: *still laughing* "I'm sorry, what's the condition?"

Me: "I have to blog about this."

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

LOL. I can't believe you fell for that. As if Mom would actually txt out "Sarah B. is doing complex mathematical problems." Come on. Mm is like: "Come home. Sarah B." Maybe. Actually, she'd probly just call you.
I can't believe you blogged about this.... :)

Lady Dvora said...

I give her my keys, my car and my cell phone....and she's the benevolent sister...OK:)

Katie said...

You are so gullible!!!!

If Joe said that to me I wouldn't believe him!

Mom wouldn't text you!! She would tell you when you got home!

And yes Debi you are benevolent.

Erica said...

Sometimes you and Joe bear an uncanny resemblence to Merrill and I... =) I think Joe and I need to start comparing notes; we could really expand our horizons!

JT said...

Amen to that Erica.

Mac said...

You said you would forgive him if he'd let you blog about it, but I really don't think you've forgiven him yet..... And there IS a reason I call you "Goosey"....

Laura said...

LOL!!!

Kristi said...

LOL That is funny!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates