Monday, December 10, 2007

In Memory of Those Killed In Colorado Shootings

I don't like to think about death, just not a pleasant subject. But yesterday something happened that forced me to think about life and death, forced me to realise that every split second I live could be my last. A shooting occurred in a Colorado Springs CO. church, and someone I once knew was killed.

She's dead at 16. I hadn't seen her in over a decade, but I knew her. I've tried as hard as I can to recall her face to memory, but I can't. A young girl killed in the prime of her life, killed senselessly. She had years of life still to live, plans, dreams and goals, but a man engrossed by hate cut it short, because he was angry. The whole idea makes me sick, nobody is safe these days, it proves that being young and healthy doesn't protect you from death. What is going on?

I guess one just has to live each day as their last. Did they, I wonder? Were these two girls ready to die? We can only trust that God is in control, we can only trust that he has it always in his hands.

Thinking about death is something I avoid, but sometimes one just has to sit back and realise how fragile life really is, one has to thank God for every moment, every breath.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. Wasn't that just TERRIBLE?!?!
Your right, though. We do have to relinquish all control to our heavenly father. He has us all in his hands:D

Erica said...

It's weird...one day a bunch of people get shot just an hour from my house, in a place that I have been, and will go to again. And then a couple days later, two girls that are related to people we are friends with are dead?

What is going on?

Lil red said...

Yeah, we need to be thankful for the days we have to live and have lived. But I also think we need to be thankful for our life in Christ to come ( heaven ) and not fear or dread death.

Miss Alice said...

This was a beautiful post that brought tears to my eyes. Be sure to love up the people you love. A line from a song is going through my head...."You never know when He's coming back, or when you're leaving....."

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates