Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Could Have Danced All Night...

"I could've danced all night,
and still have begged for more!
I could've spread my wings,
and done a thousand things
I'd never done before!"


If you had been on a certain Main St. in a certain Wisconsin town at about 11:00 Saturday evening you would have heard two rather excited young ladies singing this at the top of their voices.

A nearby town holds a civil war reenactment every year. Complete with battles, guns etc.

and....

a ball!




I seriously could have danced all night.

8 comments:

Moriah A. said...

that looks so much fun!

hermitgirl said...

did you have to wear hoops underneath the dress?

Kristi said...

I have to agree! When I was in some reenactments in Nebraska, my favorite part, hands down, was the dancing! Did you learn the period dances with someone calling the steps? (like, "gentlemen, swing your partner, ladies, curtsy," and stuff like that?)
That and I like your dress. Where did you get it?

Abigail said...

You look very pretty Lydia! Your dress is gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! That must have been lots of fun!!
Feel free to stop by my blog at www.mymusingsandthoughts.blogspot.com

Madison

Julia said...

That looks like SO much fun and I LOVE your dresses! "Oooooh, all the officers!" :)

You've been awarded the "Kindred Spirits" Blogging award! See my blog for details. Congratulations!
:)
Julia

Lady Dvora said...

You girls looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lydia! We went to the reenactment earlier in the day! I wish I had known you were coming to the ball! Several families we know went to the ball. I can see a guy we know in the backround of one of your pictures. Wish I'd been there!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates