Friday, February 8, 2008

My Exciting News!!

Joe and I went to a Homeschool Speech and Debate Tournament toady. Joe did team debate with his friend Nick. They tied their first debate and won they're second. I competed in the "Humorous Speech" category and "Impromptu" (where you're given a topic and 2 min. to write a 5 min. speech). When I competed in the humorous speech I told a story called "Stand Back said the Elephant, I’m Going to Sneeze”. To make a long story short....I won first place!!!!!
I gave my story twice; each time to two judges, 3 out of the 4 judges placed me at first, which means I won!!! I still can't believe it!!!!!

I just wanted to share my joy with you :-) :-)

I'm still grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Good job Henny!!!!

Erica said...

I knew you could! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

I'm so excited. :)

Rebecca said...

Haha!!

good job, Lyds. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good for you!
Kristi

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates