Friday, April 25, 2008

$1,000,000

One Million dollars. Six zeros following a one. Imagine...

I don't consider myself a greedy person, If my boss didn't remember to give me my paycheck I would forget it, and never get paid. (On that note, yesterday at work I got paid too watch movies! I love my job...)

Last night Luke and I were watching "Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader?" I knew, or guessed at most of the answers leading up to the million dollar one. The contestant won half a million, realised that the last question was on social studies and dropped out with the money. He was glad he had dropped out when they showed the million dollar question "How many men signed the Declaration of Independence?" He said he had no idea and would have guessed 53. I about exploded. I, ME, LYDIA, knew the answer to the million dollar question!!! 56!! Any dedicated National Treasure fan would know that!! (In fact, they have it wrong the whole movie and say it's 55.)

I couldn't believe it... me, who can't even do Algebra...

In fact I became so engrossed, I must not have been thinking clearly when I noticed a rather strong aroma. "What is that sicky sweet smell?" I thought out loud. When I finally pulled myself out of my wonderment, I realized that Luke was spraying a can of what he thought to be air freshener randomly and thickly about the room. The problem? It wasn't air freshener, it was hairspray.

I'm still a bit lightheaded.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lydia!
Are you sure that 1 with nine zeroes is one million? :)
Abigail ;)

Erica said...

I'm not sure your parents should trust you to keep Luke alone...

;)

SIX DAYS!!

Erica said...

Umm...I hate to say this, but your title actually says 1 billion dollars...

One million only has six zeroes.

But hey! Don't worry about it; you know how many men signed the Declaration of Independence. Way to go, girl!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Hehe, all fixed :-)

Thanks for the comment Abigail, please do more in the future :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyds, how come i'm not in your favorite people? :(

Anonymous said...

Great job Lydia! Eww! I REALLY don't like the smell of hairspray!
I really like your background! Its really you'ish!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

You are too! The Thanksgiving picture!!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates