Thursday, April 3, 2008

In Honor of my Ambitions for this Weekend...


Don : What's your lofty mission in life that lets you sneer at my humble profession?

Kathy : I'm an actress...on the stage.

Don : Oh, on the stage, well I'd like to see you act, what are you in right now? I could brush up on my English, or bring along an interpreter, that is if they'd let in a *movie* actor.

Kathy : I'm not in a play right now, but I will be. I'm going to New York...

Don : Oh, you're going to New York and then some day we'll all hear of you, won't we? Kathy Selden as Juliet, as Lady Macbeth, as King Lear. You'll have to wear a beard for that one of course.

Kathy : Laugh all you want, but at least the stage is a dignified profession.

Don : [scoffing] Dignified profession.

Kathy: What do you have to be so conceited about? You're nothing but a shadow on film... just a shadow. You're not flesh and blood.

Don: Oh, no?

Kathy: Stop!

Don : What can I do to you, I'm only a shadow. Fear not, sweet lady! I will not molest you. I am but a humble jester, and you? You are to far above me! Farewell, Ethel Barrymore! I must tear myself from your side! (rips coat)

6 comments:

Moriah A. said...

Singing is the rain is one of my most favorite movies! I LOVE it! I hope that you have fun preforming your play...Hanna and her siblings are at their grandparents house for the weekend so you will probably see her at church or something!
TTYL!
Ri

Anonymous said...

I love that movie!!

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what you're talking about but I have a feeling that....this is a movie I need to see!

Moriah A. said...

That felling is right! It is such a good movie! If you like musicals you will LOVE singing in the rain!

Moriah A. said...

are you going to post about your play? I am dieing to know how it all went!

Kourtney Ann said...

SO?!!! How did it go????

I LOVE "Singing In The Rain"!!!!!

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates