Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursdays #18

I am thankful, that even in this changing time of political upheaval, God is still the same. In 20 days, the U.S. will be picking a new leader. Whoever that leader is I'm glad I know that God will never change, he will take care of me no matter what happens, my obedience to him is all that matters. In God I know what is right and what is wrong, no matter what carnal man may say.

"We may safely assert... that no civil rulers are to be obeyed when they enjoin things that are inconsistent with the commands of God... All commands running counter to the declared will of the supreme legislator of heaven and earth, are null and void; and therefore disobedience to them is a duty, not a crime."

Jonathon Mayhew From a sermon in 1750

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Ahhh, my heart just jumped into my throat when I read "20 days". I hadn't been counting, hadn't thought about how close it is. 0_0

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates