Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh, to write like Lewis...

On Christianity:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

Simple Wisdom:
"When things go wrong, you'll find they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things once start to go right they often go on getting better and better."

"The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed."

On Writing:
"Don’t say it was delightful; make us say delightful when we’ve read the description. You see, all those words (horrifying, wonderful, hideous, exquisite) are only like saying to your readers Please will you do the job for me."
- C. S. Lewis

Most of these were found on Wikiquote , my new favorite website.

2 comments:

Lady Dvora said...

Those are all great...I've always really enjoyed Lewis's perspective on things..

*off to check out your new favorite site*

Sadie said...

My mom just told me about that site yesterday! Funny!

I tagged you:

http://maidenofrivendell.blogspot.com/

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates