Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday #24 Thanksgiving Edition




Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

No contest.

I was trying to think of something deep, unique and poetic to say about Thanksgiving, but I guess I'm not in a uniquely deep poetic mood today.

So I'm going to do a very normal thing I'm going to make a list. 17 items for the 17 years I've been alive. There's some serious stuff, some random, and some normal stuff, Enjoy!!


1.) Family. My family is unusual, flawed and very imperfect, but I wouldn't even think about exchanging growing up with them for the most normal, flawless, perfect family in the world.
2.) Friends. I am very blessed to have a great circle of very close non-related friends, people I can trust my life with, people who laugh with me and cry with me. You know who you are and you people better get used to me, because I'm not giving you up for a long while!
3.)A great job. I love my job, it's awesome. God knew just what I wanted to do and he fixed it so I didn't even do anything to get it, it was all him. I have a wonderful group of co-workers who are really nice people, they need Jesus and I pray that I can be a witness to them.
4.) Being Homeschooled. People might disagree with me, but I honestly think I wouldn't have made it through public school. Without the dedicated teaching of my mom I would be no where with my school work. I'll be graduating this spring, something totally unbelievable to me right now.
5.) Living in Small Town Wisconsin. I truly love small town America. The friendliness, the laid-back atmosphere, where everybody knows everybody and life is muffins and jam. (Okay, so it's not quite that great, but I had to be poetic somehow!)
6.)Books. I love books. See yesterdays post to sum up my feelings on reading.
7.) This daring adventure that we call Life. I'm alive, I live, I breath, that's a miracle in it's self.
8.) Ice Cream.
9.) My church.
10.) Those ink pens that make my handwriting look good.
11.) A God who always cares, never gives up and has a sense of humor.
12.) Afternoon shopping sprees where you try on a lot and by little.
13.) Quotes. Can anyone say "My Mother is always in excellent health thank you."? LOL
14.) Skype. Skype is awesome, wonderful, stupendous, incredible, marvelous, the best invention of the 21 century.
15.)Moments of complete happiness.
16.) Strength for today and...
17.) A bright hope for tomorrow.


Note: Go HERE to look at most of my previous TT post.

0 comments:

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates