Monday, November 10, 2008

"You can never say again you did not know."

I've been thinking rather deeply lately (by deep I mean deep thoughts.)I am aware that you might consider this a rarity for me, so hold on to your hats and prepare for a rant.

A couple of events have started the wheels in my head turning, just ask my family, I practicably gave a sermon at dinner last week.

I think first it was THIS you tube video. WARNING: This video contains graphic pictures of what the cruelty of abortion truly does.


I had to pause the video twice, overcome with emotion, before I could finish it, and when I did the tears were streaming down my face.Then I watched COME WHAT MAY. It appalled me how it is so causally legal for the horrors of abortion to be excused away.

Saturday night we watched "Amazing Grace". Watching that movie it is hard for us to comprehend that the M.P.s found slavery so right, they justified it, they believed it to be right. We can scoff at them, but we forget that in our present society untold thousand of babies are killed every year. A sin just as great as slavery. What do modern people do about abortion? They either justify it, or ignore it if it doesn't apply to them.


"Having heard all this, you may choose to look the other way
but you can never say again that you did not know."
~William Wilberforce


I watched the video posted above. I have a responsibility in God to do what I can.

I remember a Sue Thomas F.B. Eye where Jack was feeling guilty for having such a privileged life compared to the Russian peasants who they were working with. "I was born to a loving family, in Wisconsin!" he said. Sue told Jack he was doing the best he could for less fortunate people by being a F.B.I. super agent.

HELLO!!!GUILT TRIP ALERT!!!

Really, here I am in my nice comfy house surrounded by a loving family working my nice safe job. To boot I have something denied legally denied to thousands of babies:Life. I have a heart that beats, eyes to see, a mouth to speak. It is my moral duty to speak for those with no voice.

But what can one person do? A whole lot I think. Look at William Wilberforce, he was just one man. A man with God given talents and determination to fulfill a God given mission. One man changed millions of people's lives.

One might say that abortion has nothing to do with them. It doesn't affect me, why should I bother and stick my head in somebody else's business? Well abortion doesn't apply to me directly either, I believe it abstinence before marriage, and when I am married my husband and I will welcome children as a blessing. So I could say abortion doesn't have anything to do with me.
Oh, am I wrong, it does.

"THOU SHALT NOT MURDER."

It's a commandment. Abortion is murder, no matter how you look at it.It is my moral duty as a child of God, as a human, to stop the murder of these innocent children. These children have no voice, no defenders, just as the Africans had none. One man, who heard his call from God, a man unconnected to slavery spoke for the speechless, cried out for the oppressed, denounced the wicked to set the captives free.

He puts me to shame. I, who have been blessed with life have no choice but to turn and give life to as many as I can. I am determined to do my best in this dying world as I believe we are commanded by God. Not just to have good morals, not just to say great things, or pray great prayers, but to DO something. We are commanded to ACT, not enjoy our gifts and talents, we are to give them out to do good with them.

I am determined to do something.

Will you join me?

10 comments:

The_Ballerina said...

I’m in tears right now. That video was horrible! This has to stop!

Katie said...

How can people honestly think that it's not really a person!!! It's appalling!!!!!

That movie was making me cry.... I would do something in a heartbeat, I just need to what.

Brianna said...

amen lydia...thanks for posting this...

The Hiker said...

I agree Lydia... it's horrible. William Wilberforce is a wonderful example for us though.

~Madison

Lady Dvora said...

You have a way with words, Lyds...
Count me in.

Erica said...

What are you planning to do?

hermitgirl said...

Actually, lately I have seen how people can think that. In a class at school one girl thinks that abortion is the greatest thing invented. In fact, she practically yelled it out today. It started a couple of days ago. She said that whoever had kicked down a sign that was by our school saying "abortion kills 10,000 (?) babies a day" should be congratulated. The conversation got to a point where she said that some women couldn't take care of the babies. Someone pointed out adoption. She said that some women can't afford to do that to their bodies. Someone pointed out that they now better.

Basically, I'm writing this to condemn myself. While this was going on, I said nothing because I considered it well covered. It was, but the more voices he better? So now I've decided that if she does say something and an opportunity arises, my voice will be raised along with her's.

Kyleian said...

I don't get it. How they can look at those perfectly formed little feet, hands, lungs, hearts, intestines, legs... and say it's not murder to "abort" "the baby"!

"The baby." Don't we usually refer to babies as people, who are alive?

"Abort." We speak as if something went wrong on a space mission and we're taking care of it and turn around. Will they ever learn that it is SO much more than that? That two wrongs don't make a right?

I found your blog through Sadie's.
I often wonder, like you, what I can do. I don't live in the United States, so all I can do is pray. I live in a country where there are no abortion clinics because Abortion is illegal.
But I will join you.
And I ask you to join us... the "us," is those of us pro-life people who want to overturn Roe V. Wade and change people's hearts so that abortion will die in America.
www.abortaware.com

God bless
Lady Kyleian

Katie said...

So... what are you going to do?

Kristi said...

Wow. I remember seeing a video about abortion a few years ago. Boy, did I ever feel sheltered not to realize how horrible the abortion procedure is. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Quotes

 

Quite Speechless | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates